He watches me as I wake up. You see, He already knew that I’d make it to see this day. In fact, He already knows what’s in store for today. Isn’t this reason enough for me to begin my day by spending time with Him? Curious AnneObure would love to sneak a peek into the day’s events, that way, know her lines and follow the script. Only my audience of One can tell me the future before it even happens. Everything He plans will come to pass, for He does whatever He wishes. [Isaiah 46:10 – NLT].
Daily I begin a new slate. Last night before I slept, He reminded me of all the things I was to repent of. This was not easy, considering I was still mad over some. He said to me, ‘Don’t sin by letting anger control you. Do not let the sun go down on your anger, for this will give a foothold to the devil’ [Ephesians 4:26]. In obedience, I was able to literally have a good night sleep. No nightmares manifested because the devil had nothing on me; neither foot nor toe. That’s why it is easy comprehending His mercies this morning, knowing that my audience of One helped me empty my trash can before I slept.
I begin by acknowledging the fact that:
- I am not my own. [Acts 20:24]
- I am not alone. [Isaiah 41:10]
- The Battle is His. [2 Chronicles 20:15]
- Victory in mine. [1 Corinthians 15:57]
Thereafter, I lean closer, that I may hear His voice. He says, “My child, I AM bigger than what people say. I AM The Alpha and The Omega; The Beginning and The End. None can compare to Me. Do not put your trust in man [Isaiah 2:22]. If you do, you will fall. However, trust in Me and you will be safe [Proverbs 29:25]. Do you know why you are alive this day? So that you may worship Me [Psalm 146:2].”
He goes on by saying, “You are beside Me as a master workman; you are daily My delight. You rejoice before Me and I rejoice in the world, My earth, having My delight in you. [Proverbs 8:30–31] Come, let us prepare today’s work plan. Let us reason together [Isaiah 1:18]. Yesterday we talked about you being A Jack Of All Trades And A Master Of All, as long as you follow My lead. Today’s agenda is as follows:
- Drive to town. While on the highway, pray for safety; for yourself and for your nation.
- Once you get to the office, spend some time meeting and greeting your colleagues. Find out if they have any troubling issues and direct them to Me. Share some of your victories with them. That way they will receive the comfort I shared with you and their hearts will be encouraged.
- Get down to work. Whatever you do, work at it will all of your heart, as though you are working for Me and not for your boss [Colossians 3:23].
- During your lunch hour, let’s catch up, just in case there were one or two things we missed out in our morning glory. We could take a walk by the garden behind your office as you receive some fresh air and stretch your limbs.
- Once back from your lunch break, finalize on work so that you do not procrastinate anything. Accomplish all that you can today. We shall talk about tomorrow when it comes [Matthew 6:34]. Feel free to consult with me whenever and wherever you need advice. [Jeremiah 33:3]
- On your way back home, pass by the market and buy some food for your neighbour. She’s a bit low on cash and could do with some bread. [Isaiah 58:10]
- When you get back home, relax with the members of your household. Find out how their day was. Share yours with them too. If possible, call a few friends over for tea and fellowship with them. Where two or three of you are gathered in My Name, I’ll be present [Matthew 18:20].
Once you have fed, cleaned up and are ready to end the day, come and tell Me how you feel. Share with Me the challenges you faced. Bring your burdens to Me because I care about you [1 Peter 5:7]. Don’t allow yourself to worry over anything. Come and tell Me what you need, as you thank Me for all that I have done today [Philippians 4:6].”
Wow! It’s as simple as that. This walk is doable. One day at a time. All we need to do is to focus on one thing: An Audience Of One.
I want to believe that my Superhero is yours too. If not, would you like to meet Him? If the answer is yes, I invite you to say this simple prayer: Dear God, I come to You in the Name of Jesus. I admit that I am not right with You, and I want to be right with You. I ask You to forgive me of all my sins. The Bible says if I confess with my mouth that “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in my heart that God raised Him from the dead, I will be saved (Rom. 10:9). I believe with my heart and I confess with my mouth that Jesus is the Lord and Savior of my life. Thank You for saving me!
In Jesus’ Name I pray. Amen.
If you prayed this prayer, feel free to inbox me here and I will guide you as Christ guides me. Alternatively, follow Nations Arise Revival Ministries for Daily Devotions. God bless you. You are officially living before an audience of One: God!