I’m talking about:
- Confessing that Jesus Christ is Lord over our lives and not living a life greater than His. John 14:12 says, ‘I assure you: The one who believes in Me will also do the works that I do. And he will do even greater works than these, because I am going to the Father.’
- Giving our lives to Jesus Christ and still acting like our own bosses. Matthew 16:24-25 says, ‘Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me. “For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.’
- Not practicing what we preach. Romans 2:21 Says, ‘Well then, if you teach others, why don’t you teach yourself? You tell others not to steal, but do you steal?’
- Merely surviving instead of thriving. John 10:10 says, ‘The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.’
- Approaching the Kingdom with a ‘touch-and-go’ mentality. Luke 9:6 says, ‘Then Jesus declared, “No one who puts his hand to the plow and then looks back is fit for the kingdom of God.’
- Settling for the crumbs falling from the table rather than dining with the Father. Matthew 15:27 says, ‘And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters’ table.’
- Living a defeated life yet Christ already paid the price on the cross. John 16:33 says, ‘I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.’
- Crying for revival and not daring to live a revived life. Psalms 119:93 says, ‘I will never forget Your precepts, For by them You have revived me.’
- Bombarding heaven with our earthly needs and not inquiring of the Lord of His purposes. Daniel Henderson says, ‘If you seek God’s hand, you will miss His face. If you seek His face, you will get His hand also.’ The Bible says in Matthew 6:33, ‘But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these. things shall be added unto you.’
In short, let us set our minds on things above, and not earthly things (Colossians 3:2) for that’s where our help comes from (Psalm 121:1). We ask ourselves why there is so much suffering in the world. Well, the answer lies in us: We’ve got to allow God to work in us and through us, because He has given us the authority to rule and reign. (Luke 10:19; Mark 6:13; Matthew 10:8). Do not give the devil an opportunity (Ephesians 4:27).
Begin to live the God – ordained life! We have all it takes to do what Jesus Christ did and much more. 1 Corinthians 2:16: We have the mind of Christ! Romans 8:9: The Spirit of God dwells in us! Wow! That summarizes it all.
Prayer: Father we need your help. Your Word says everything is possible for one who believes. We therefore pray, we do believe; help us overcome our unbelief. We are your ambassadors here on earth. May we live up to our status as Kingdom citizens in Jesus Name, Amen.